Saturday 10 July 2010

Christmas tales from Suburbia

I saw another ufo last night. At least this is my assumption. I think I must collect assumptions. It is a habit of mine.

Looking up at the night sky last night - as I am often inclined to do when the bathroom is occupied – I stood in the garden and looked up to see a very bright star. It even twinkled.

But it wasn’t small. It was the largest star I had ever seen. It was on the NW horizon and appeared just above a neighbours house.

Looking up again – my concentration wandered - I could see that it was was twice the size of what I would normally expect. The star, I mean.

But was this a product of our materialistic and increasingly kitsch Christmas culture? In this area of North London some houses are literally covered in Christmas lights. People in these parts really know how to celebrate.

Turning round round and up again to the direction of final interest I noticed that the star began to fade suddenly from white to yellow. Then, it disappeared altogether.

My immediate thought was that the owner of the house had switched off her Christmas lights. But I was not fully convinced of that. Then it happened.

I stood transfixed as a short cigar shaped object suddenly appeared at the very point where the star was only a few seconds beforehand.

I zipped up my fly just as the ufo travelled in a Westerly direction across the night sky.



Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are!
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment